Tonight I opened my long awaited mission call. I have been waiting over a month for this moment. My heart was pounding as I read, "You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Washington Everett Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
"You should report to the Missionary Training Center at Provo, Utah on Wednesday, 1 April 2009. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language." There's more to the letter, but you get the idea. I'M GOING ON A MISSION!!! I'm so excited. I'll admit that I was really hoping to serve in a foreign mission and have the opportunity to learn another language, but the more I think about it, the more excited I am to serve where I'll be serving. I know it is where the Lord wants me to go and there is a reason I've been called to serve in Washington. I'm also excited that I'll be serving in an English mission. This means that I'll be able to dedicate more of my 18 month service to actually studying and teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.
8 comments:
Congrats!!! I didn't even know you had your papers in. Washington will be wonderful. Good luck in all the preparation :)
- Tara
yeah yeah yeah! It was so fun to watch your face as you opened it last night. I'm so excited for you Teresa! You're going to be such a great missionary.
Oh, and my sis is in your mission - ha!
Teresa, I am so excited for you! Way to go!!! I think it's very funny you're reporting to the MTC on Aprils Fools Day, too.
So, So, So excited for you. I'm even more excited that Showalter will be your Pres. Hooray!
Wa whoooo!! (I don't know how to spell it, but it's a yelp of joy!) Congrats!
Hi cute Teresa -- Congratulations!! I didn't even know you were planning on a mission. You are going to do such a great job!
I found your blog on Ryan and Barbara's blog -- it will be so fun to keep up with you. Take Care!!
Your hair looks so pretty in this post. Great hair! Great mission, if I do say myself. There's a lot of opportunity here for you missionary folks. I hope you and your family are feeling better soon!
So fun. Congrats.
Post a Comment