So here it is in no particular order:

The Cliffs of Moher - Ireland - haven't been there, but it looks amazing!

Ein Gedi Oasis - Israel - this is a beautiful oasis near the Dead Sea. This area is so dry and baron that it is amazing that anything can grow at all and then you see this beautiful oasis. I had the opportunity to go here when I visited Israel in 2006.

El Yunque Nature Conservancy Park - Puerto Rico - I've been here too. Unfortunately I did not take any of the photos on in this post, but I'll have to post some of my own pictures soon. The rain forest in Puerto Rico is incredible. The trees are so tall and the vegetation grows so thick. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go.

The Grand Canyon - with a name like "Grand" how can it not be on anyone's 7-wonder list. It truly is just that...Grand! I know some may say that there are other canyons out there that are grander, but this one is practically in my backyard and I think it is pretty special so there you go.

Great Barrier Reef - I have been dreaming of going here for the last 10 years. Some day...sigh. I have recently discovered how easy and fun snorkeling is. At some point I would love to learn how to scuba dive. Going to the Great Barrier Reef would be a wonderful opportunity to use those snorkeling or scuba diving skills.

Iguassu Falls - ARGENTINA/BRAZIL - Just look at the photo! How cool is that?! This is on my list of places to see.

Mount Everest - THE tallest mountain in the world...enough said.

Victoria Falls - ZAMBIA/ ZIMBABWE - Okay, I know this makes it more than 7, but it is just too hard to decide. Plus according to the 7-wonders web site, "The falls are, by some measures, the largest waterfall in the world. They also seem to be the most unusual in form and have beyond doubt the most diverse and easily-seen wildlife of any major waterfall site." I'm not really sure what they mean when they say that "the falls are, by some measures, the largest waterfall in the world," but they are remarkable.
So what's on your 7-Wonders of the World List...
6 comments:
Take me with you next time you go to see all these wonders. Lucky!
I would love to have you come along! We should plan another family trip sometime soon. We can explore the wonders of...Yellowstone!
Great pictures and awesome post! Can't wait to show Brandon, he'll be stoked to see all these places!
Brian served his mission in Brazil. He went back a few years later with some friends to visit & they planned to see Iguassu Falls. Apprently it's a very long drive. He said they drove for something like 24 hours. When they finally got there, the park was closed! Brian had a flight to catch the next day. He was all for rescheduling his flight, staying somewhere over night & waiting for morning, but his friends didn't want him to miss his plane. So they turned around & drove back. All that driving with no reward! He still dreams of seeing Iguassu falls one day after having came so close!
Marti, that is so sad! To come so close and then not be able to see the falls. I hope he gets to go back and see it some day. I hope he takes you with him.
Wow, those are "wonder"ful places. That's awesome that you've seen and been to some of the places. I don't know what's on my list...I need to make one. :)
Post a Comment