A big THANK YOU to all of you who donated to the Circle of Love Foundation for the Guatemala and Belize Christmas in February project! We had a great outpouring of money donations and supplies. Over all, thanks to the assistance of many individuals, church groups, and families, we put together 225 school bags and backpacks filled with school supplies, hygiene kits, and a toy for each child. 100 school bags will be going to the Guatemala school children living in the remote region along the Dolce River. These school supplies are greatly needed as the children and their families pay for their education. Most drop out by the time they are about 13 years old as they do not have the funds to continue. 135 backpacks will be going to a special needs school in Belize. The school children at this school have a wide variety of physical and mental disabilities and backpacks are in short supply. They are most grateful for your generous donation.
The funds collected are filling a variety of needs the schools have. They are being used to purchase paint, bookshelves, curtains, soccer balls, yo-yos, stuffed animals, shoes, 10 additional backpacks, etc. In addition, part of the funds collected will be donated to each school to fill future needs. What a wonderful gift you have given. The children in Guatemala and Belize will truly have a wonderful Christmas in February this year.
I wish I thought to bring my camera last night! We had stacks of backpacks and supplies piled up everywhere. Guess you’ll have to use your imagination. As the supplies had already been pre-bagged by another group it was an easy task of inserting one bag into each backpack. Unfortunately I will not be going with the group to Guatemala and Belize, but I know people who are going. I hope to get pictures from their trip to post here for you to see when they return.
Thanks again!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's great! Glad to have contributed! I think that you did a great job.
Hey sis! I'm glad you added a Shelfari to your side bar! I always love your book recommendations. I sent you a message on Shelfari - but also, to view mine just click on my shelf where is says 'Shelfari' and it'll take you there. =) Sad we couldn't make it to dinner tonight! Love!
I missed you guys last night. Thanks for adding me as a friend to your Shelfari. I'm excited to read some of the books you recomend too. You are always reading something interesting!
Post a Comment